Our Quantitative Biology department is a central, critical element of our research engine. We are looking to greatly expand the size and scope of this department, with positions available immediately. We are seeking self-motivated, collaborative and highly skilled individuals to work with us to discover novel anti-inflammatory and immunotherapeutic oncology drugs. We have an opening for an enthusiastic and motivated research associate. The job requires the application of creative problem-solving approaches to the execution of biochemical and cell-based assays to provide insightful SAR (structure activity relationship). The successful candidate will be a rigorous, quantitative, detail-oriented experimentalist coupled with excellent practical laboratory skills and enthusiasm for automated laboratory assay techniques.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing micro-plate-based in vitro biochemical and cell-based enzymatic and ligand binding assays.
- Maintaining mammalian cell culture and conducting transient and stable mammalian cell protein expression.
- Utilizing liquid handling systems and laboratory robotics to implement in vitro
- Performing practical laboratory work, managing day to day tasks and ensuring timely delivery of high-quality results.
- Contributing during lab meetings and assisting in the analysis and reporting of experimental data to project teams.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with 0-3 years of industry experience in biochemistry, chemical biology, molecular biology or related field.
- General knowledge of biochemical, cellular and molecular theories and techniques.
- Hands-on experience with enzymatic, binding assays and cell-based functional assays. Familiarity with absorbance, luminescence, fluorescence polarization, FRET and AlphaLISA®. Drug discovery training or experience are highly desirable.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, mammalian cell transfection, and protein expression.
- Familiarity with flow cytometry, liquid handling systems and laboratory automation would be an advantage.
- Proven laboratory skills coupled with an aptitude for critical thinking and exceptional attention to experimental detail.
- Strong communications skills, self-motivation and proven ability work effectively both in a team environment and independently.
- Demonstration of detailed record keeping and data documentation.